Tuesday 13 October 2015

Keeping cosy with films

 
Hey Guys!
 
So since it's Autumn, I have been all snuggled up and have enjoyed watching some films. Now, I'm not a massive fan of films as I can't really stay still for long, however a good film definitely hooks me in. But with the weather being so cold, I think getting on your PJs and dressing gown, sitting down with a cup of tea and watching films can really keep me occupied and cosy! So here are a couple of films I have watched recently and would really recommend...
 
1) The Fault In Our Stars
 
The Fault in Our Stars tells the story of Hazel Grace Lancaster (Shailene Woodley) and Augustus Waters (Ansel Elgort), who fall hopelessly in love after meeting in a cancer support group, and experience a whirlwind romance that teaches them both what it means to feel truly alive. 
 
So on Friday last week, I went to Abi's and we had a special sleepover so we could plan something very special that is coming up. In the evening, we snuggled up and we watched The Fault In Our Stars, and honestly, even on the second time I nearly cried! I really like this film and I really recommend watching it and reading the book as well. I must admit though, the book is definitely quite different to the film, so can be a bit confusing at some times. However both are as good and I really enjoyed watching it again.
 
 
2) Hairspray
 
Tracy Turnblad, an overweight high-school student whose only dream is to be on a local Baltimore teen dance program. While her father (Christopher Walken) tells her to follow her dreams, her mother Edna (John Travolta in drag) reminds her that she doesn't look like the girls on that show. After impressing the show's host (James Marsden), Tracy earns a spot on the program, but when she becomes a popular addition to the cast, she earns the wrath of the prettiest girl in school - a girl whose mother (Michelle Pfeiffer) just happens to operate the local television station. Tracy's visit to detention hall opens her eyes to the racial tension on the show, as does the budding relationship between her best friend (Amanda Bynes) and an African-American boy named Seaweed (Elijah Kelley). Thus empowered, Tracy attempts to integrate the races on her favorite program.
 
So every year at school, we do a production, and this year it happened to be Hairspray. We auditioned a couple of weeks ago and I am Lou-Ann and understudy for Tracy. I can't wait to rehearse more and more and see the show come together as I think it will be a really fun production to do and will be interesting to see how it all actually comes together. I really like this film as it is really upbeat and interesting.
 
 
Hope these two films can be ideas that you can watch and ones that you can also enjoy! Have a cosy week...
 
 
Imagine Creativeness
 
Emily x
  

 
 

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed our sleepover but can't believe I cried again at TFIOS x#

    www.raspberriesandribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I x hope to enjoy more and be more creative and productive x

      Delete