Wednesday 13 April 2016

No Bake Carrot Cake Bars




Hey Guys!

So I have never actually made anything like this - and as I was looking on Pinterest, I thought these would be good to try out. I was also quite intrigued when they said 'no bake' as this meant I could do this recipe quicker and easier. As I hadn't made these before and they made quite a few, I decided to half the recipe as well as replacing some ingredients for others due to not having them. I thought they turned out really well and they tasted so good! Sorry that the measurements are in cups, I just wasn't sure how to convert them! But here is the recipe for the adapted bars I made - let me know if you try them out...

For the Bars and Frosting you will need:
  • 2 large carrots, shredded or grated,
  • 1/2 cup whole almonds,
  • 1/3 cup raisins,
  • 1/4 cup dried coconut (this can be found in Primark),
  • 1/4 cup dried banana (also from Primark),
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats,
  • 1/8 cup maple syrup,
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon,
  • 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice,
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg,
  • Pinch of salt.
  • 100g icing sugar,
  • 50g butter.
1) Place the shredded carrots, almonds, dried banana and dried coconut in a blender and blend until a crumbly mixture is formed. Make sure all the nuts are fully blended so that there are no large pieces in the mixture.

2) Add the oats, raisins and spices into the crumbly mixture and blend altogether until everything is mixed. Take it out the blender and place into a large bowl.

3) In the bowl, add the maple syrup into the mixture and stir. This will make the mixture stick together so that it can firm and won't crumble much.

4) Line a tin with greaseproof paper. Press the carrot mixture into the tin and flatten it out. Put it in the freezer to set.

5) While the mixture is in the freezer, mix together the butter and icing sugar to create buttercream. Although you were supposed to use cream cheese, I didn't have any so made this icing. However if I make them again I will use buttercream as it sweetens the bar more.

6) Take the mixture out the freezer and use a spatula to put the frosting on top of the cake bars. After it is set, cut into reasonable sized squares to the size you want. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe! Make sure you keep them in the fridge as there is no sugar in the bars. Also let me know if you have any DIYs you want me to try out as I want to do some but have no ideas! Have a great week!

Imagine Creativeness

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment