Wednesday 11 May 2016

How to handle too much Homework


Hey Guys!

It's coming up to that time of year where everyone is asked to do end of unit tests or just exams in general. This means there is more pressure in homework and we are given loads of it. Sometimes I find it so hard to sit down for ages and try to get it all done with other things I have to do too. So here are a few things that might help you when you are in the need of motivation and need to get all your homework done.

MUSIC - Listening to music quietly in the background makes homework more fun for me. Although some people say it can distract them, I feel that personally, it actually helps me to focus more on what I am doing. I find a playlist that I have been loving on Spotify and either plug in earphones or put it quietly on in the background. My two favourite playlists at the moment are Hits 2016 and Acoustic Café.















WATER - Keeping yourself hydrated is a must. If you aren't drinking, you are going to feel more weak and tired, so making sure you drink enough is key. I try to drink as much water as I can throughout the day so that I can stay focused and know what I am doing. Keeping water beside me when I am doing lots of homework makes me want to drink more, so I am not dehydrated or tired.

BREAKS - Sometimes, short relaxing breaks are what everyone needs when they start to get stressed. It can take your mind off work for a bit and keep you in the mood. It keeps me away from what I have just been doing to give me a rest and time to think. Some of my favourite things to do when I have a break could be taking a long bath, or even going out in the garden for a bit of fresh air. Whatever you do, keep away from your work for a short amount of time to reframe your mindset.

FLASHCARDS - Sometimes if I have a lot of revision and it's too much to be doing it all at once, I will create flashcards for the topic my revision is on. I find then that I can take them with me wherever I go so that I don't have to do it all at home. Maybe on a long car journey or a bus ride to school, flashcards are a great way to revise when there ins't much time.

SNACKS - To be honest with you, I can't really do much homework unless I have had a snack or a drink. When I get in from school I like to have something to eat to keep me going until the evening. It keeps me focused and I don't feel horrible or moody because I'm not hungry anymore.

YOUTUBE - Although some people find this distracting, I find again like music, it helps me stay more focused. I won't usually put a video on that you have to watch, otherwise I am drawn into that instead of the homework, however a chatty vlog or video gets me in the mood. It allows me to do something I enjoy whilst doibg something we don;t enjoy. Best of both worlds!

These are some of the ways you can handle a lot of homework and some that I find useful. Have a great week and make sure you keep on top of everything.

Imagine Creativeness

Emily x



No comments:

Post a Comment