Wednesday 12 October 2016

Two Plait Bun Hairstyle


Hey Guys!

So I have never actually done a hairstyle post party because I am not able to take pictures easily by myself, so when Charlotte came round last Friday, we had some spare time and we were able to take some pictures. This hairstyle is pretty simple and doesn't take very long to do. This is a nice hairstyle when you want your hair to be out of your face but you want something a bit more interesting than a ponytail. I must admit I am not the best at describing how to do plaits but I shall give it a go! So here is the hairstyle tutorial for a two plait bun...

1) Start by making a middle parting down the centre of your hair. On both sides you will need a plait, but it's up to you whether you do a French plait or a Dutch plait. Personally I prefer a Dutch as I like to call it more of a '3D' effect but it's up to you. Start by taking a small section of hair and splitting it into three. Place the right strand under the centre strand and take a piece of hair with it. Continue doing this on both sides until you end up with a plait that comes to about your ears. After that, continue it as a normal plait without picking up hair as you go along. Secure with a hair tie. Repeat on the other side.




2) Once both your plaits are secured, create a low ponytail at the back of your head. Add the plaits into the ponytail and secure altogether with another hair tie. When the plaits are secured in the ponytail, take out their hair ties so that the ponytail is straight. 



3) Turn the ponytail into a bun by swirling round the hair to form a doughnut like shape. Secure with a couple of hair ties until you get the desired shape and size. I like to put a hair net in so that any loose ends or strands stay within the bun and it stays in longer. Complete the bun by placing bobby pins through the bun to keep it in place and place any more bobby pins in areas that might not stay or aren't in place. Finally spray a bit of hairspray and voila! you have you two plait bun!





I really like this hairstyle and wear it quite a bit as it is so simple once you get the hang on it. I really enjoyed doing a post like this, so let me know if you want me to do more hairstyles or if there are any you want me to do. 

Imagine Creativeness

Emily x


2 comments: