Wednesday 7 December 2016

My Birthday Cupcakes!


Hey Guys!

So on Monday it was my birthday and I had such a great day! I was asked by my mum on Saturday to make something, as we had family coming round on Sunday. I didn't have much time so I decided that I would make simple cupcakes but decorate them creatively. So here is what I did.

Firstly I just used a very simple cupcake recipe and popped them in the oven for just under 20 minutes. This didn't take very long and it didn't take much time for them to cool either, but it was enough time to make the icing and cut out letters.

I had seen this idea on a few websites and had always wanted to have ago, and to be honest, it wasn't actually as difficult as it looks. All you need is some fondant icing to cut out some letters, numbers and hearts and then some plain icing which I then put food colouring in to turn pink. To top it off, I used some edible glitter and set them up on a slate board with a candle in one!

These cupcakes turned out really well and everyone seemed to like them. They weren't too hard to make and didn't take that long either! What's your favourite way to decorate a cake?





Imagine Creativeness

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment