Wednesday 22 June 2016

A trip to Cologne


Hey Guys!

Sorry that I didn't post last week - I was in Cologne on a German exchange trip with the school. In April, I had a student come to stay with me, and so we went there last week for 7 days. I had never been to Germany before, so it was really exciting to go to a new country. It was definately an interesting experience and one hopefully I will never forget! 


So we travelled on a Thursday for a whole day on lots of different trains. We had lots of fun on the journey, listening to music, 'practising' German, talking and taking lots of pictures. It felt quite different to be going out of the country with my friends and not my family, however it was definitely a different experience.





On the first day we visited the Dom Cathedral, which is one of the main sites to see in Cologne. We climbed 533 stairs to get all the way to the top, and it was certainly a long way up. In the end we made it and the view was amazing. You could see a panorama across the city and it felt like you were really high up.


We were given an activity where we wondered round in groups and had to answer lots of questions. We had to walk across the Hohenzollern Bridge as part of it. To see all the padlocks on the bridge was such a pretty sight and so colourful.


We also came across a place called Fishmarkt, which had a little row of colourful houses. They were very picturesque and stood out quite a bit around the restaurants and greenery.


At the weekend, we went to the Chocolate Factory, and oh how it smelt so good! We were given some chocolate to test, whilst watching some being made too! It was a really good place to go.


We also went to a theme park called Phantasialand and it was amazing! The rides were so good, and since lots of them were at school, we didn't have to queue up for long either. I went on some bigger rides than I usually would and had a lot of fun.

We also went and did lots of other things. I really enjoyed my time there and hope to go back. Hope you enjoyed this post? Have a good week.

Imagine Creativeness

Emily x





No comments:

Post a Comment