Wednesday 6 July 2016

Millionaires' Shortbread


Hey Guys!

I don't know whether you know but recently Tanya Burr bought out a recipe book, which I had pre-ordered a signed edition of. It has some amazing recipes in it which I can't wait to try out as they all look so good! However when I got it, I hadn't got many ingredients in the house, but I did have what I needed for this recipe. They didn't necessarily turn out as good as hers, but they definately still tasted really good! I did change the recipe a little, however here is the recipe I used.

For this recipe you will need:
  • A 20cm square baking tin,
  • 175g cold butter,
  • 250g plain flour,
  • 75g caster sugar,
  • 397g tin of caramel,
  • 300g chocolate,
  • Edible glitter (optional).




1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees or Gas Mark 4. 

2) To make the shortbread, rub the butter, flour and sugar together until it forms a breadcrumb consistency. Then knead the mixture so that it all comes together as a mixture. This then needs to be pressed tightly in the tin at the bottom and baked for 20 minutes or until golden. Once out of the oven, it needs to cool completely.




3) Once the shortbread is cool, you can pour the caramel over the shortbread and spread it out evenly. The recipe said to make the caramel however I didn't have much time and did have this. If you were to make it, it would set better and wouldn't be all gooey, however either taste great. Leave it in the fridge to set and to cool.




4) Melt the chocolate all in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, but make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Mix until it has all melted and it is ready to pour. (I had to mix some chocolates as I didn't have a bar, but it still worked!) Once it has melted and the caramel is cool, pour it over the caramel and shortbread. If you have some edible glitter, put some on top for added effect however it doesn't matter if you don't. Place in the fridge until it is completely cool and has set.




5) Lastly, cut into pieces the size of your choice. I made mine smaller so therefore made more, but it is up to you. They are quite sickly which is why I cut them smaller but it doesn't matter. Leave in the fridge so that they don't melt either!






Mine definately don't look as good as Tanya's, however they tasted really good and have lasted a really long time as I made so many. Let me know if you try them yourself!

Imagine Creativeness

Emily x



No comments:

Post a Comment